- You can fill in the Application Form anytime. Completing the form does not mean you are making a commitment with our organization. Dates can also be approximate, as we may suggest a change.Please bear in mind that we are not a service provider agency and we do not charge a registration fee. The following donations must be agreed and will be used to sustain the work of coordinators and The Voluntario Global Network of projects.
- Accommodation is optional. We recommend Milhouse Buenos Aires and El viajero Hostel for accommodation in Downtown Buenos Aires, but you can also find your own or ask our Ambassadors for recommendations.
- Programs start on Mondays. You can arrive earlier if you wish but you will need to wait until the following Monday to start.
- A medical insurance that covers COVID expenses is required. Make sure you have one before arriving in Argentina.
A few tips
- All programs start on Monday with an introductory talk given by our Volunteer's Coordinator.
- It important you consider that most educational projects remain closed during our Summer Break, which goes from mid December till March. However, we will advise you on availability in case you choose these dates.
- It is always useful to visit our Facebook Page so you get a better idea of what volunteers do at our projects.
How is my donation used?
After the bank, taxes and admin discounts (around 20%), we receive an amount in argentine peso which is used as shown below. Once you arrive in Argentina, you can ask your coordinator if you have more questions about how this is spent.
- 50% Goes to the projects: 10% is assigned to the project you work for and 35% is saved and used according to major needs of the Network (Social Savings Fund), including the youth development center Comunidad MILPA.
- 20% Goes to pay all coordinators for their work with volunteers and organizations.
- 20% Is used to legally administrate and sustain the The Voluntario Global Network of Projects: this includes lawyers, paperwork, certifications, meetings, and to cover any urgent needs the projects might have.
- 10% Used for Website maintenance.
Where does my money go?
Thanks to the volunteer's donations, we have been able to begin operating a Social Savings Fund. This has allowed to finance computers, books, and many necessary supplies to go on and grow our Network. In addition, we have also financed a home construction loan for a family that lives in Villa Soldati, the construction of a kindergarten in Barracas, in 2010, the opening of the Laundry Project in 2008, and the Comunidad MILPA Project, in 2014.