- Participate in the training for professionals at the health center (examples of themes: Public Health, Clinical Psychoanalytic Clinic of Children)
- Participate in talks opened to the community (examples: Attention for Pregnant Woman)
- Participate in meetings of the mental health team.
- Collaborate in the realization of Admissions.
- Participate in meetings and outings to the neighborhood of the interdisciplinary team.
- If the volunteer is interested, they can collaborate in the play and Reading room.
Volunteering hours will be evaluated by each volunteer and coordinator (no more than 20 hours per week). Project available between April and November.
Alcira is the local coordinator in the Psychology area of the Health Center. She and our Volunteer Coordinator welcome volunteers and follow them during their experience. They will provide the volunteer with all the information and schedule on their first visit to the center.
Spanish Level Required
Advanced (C1- C2)
The academic level of the volunteer must belong to the areas of psychology or social work, as well as an advanced level of Spanish. Preferably with experience in the area to discuss relevant issues.
Location and first day at work
The health centre is located in La Boca, about 30 minutes in public transport from the Volunteer’s House. On your first day, you visit the Institution accompanied by the volunteers’ coordinator so you learn how to get there and be aware of the facilities and staff. Then you have a meeting with the director in order to arrange a precise schedule and activities.